HI!!! Good Morning =) I say good morning because it’s currently 3:55 AM right now. Hopefully you’ll be enjoying this post at a much more reasonable hour.
Thanks to Julia of Julia the Writer Girl I was nominated for the twin awards the Inner Peace Award & Sunshine Award! I’m honored. Julia is an amazing writer who is doing some great things such as working on a young writers conference in Chicago she helps plan and has written many amazing novels she has blogged about that I hope to be able to buy one day (especially the assassin & the alternate reality one).
As per the acceptance rules, Seven Things About Me:
1. I just got a new stuffed animal, his name is Christopher. There’s the full family (he’s the cute little sea turtle in the front). Also, his shell is detachable (so cool). I want to buy him little dapper little outfits like this one:
2. I’m in the trenches (the querying ones…again), it’s all very bleh here. For a while I was doing this bumming thing where I did nothing but be a bum and check my email every other minute (no but actually). Then I was like..um no, girl. Not again. You must stop playing the worry/let’s build our already high anxiety game. So, I did.
3. I started writing again. Something new, fresh, it’s nice. I realized the problem with everything else I’d been trying to start writing was that it didn’t speak to me like my first MS had. I didn’t wake up in the morning ready to spew out long trains of story. It was all very nothingness. I needed a story that was more than a good premise, something that I had to write, that hit at my heart. I found it. And after a few killer opening lines (not biased at all…), more bumming, brainstorming, resisting another shiny new idea (or two) I was off. Which is why it’s 4:29 AM and I’m still up (even though I have work at 9 AM *head desk*). I knocked out roughly 1,700 words in 90 minutes so I’m taking that as my sign from above that this one’s a keeper/I’m not allowing myself to quit it.
This is my current computer wallpaper…honestly no one gives advice like Nike. So simple yet not always easy to follow.
4. I go to Wellesley College & I’m a rising Junior. I’ve heard it’s a pretty good school (LOL) but sometimes I think I’d be happier traveling the world, living and writing. Or just as well off at my local state school where at least I’d be near my family (yeah, I still get homesick I’ve just learned to keep myself busy enough so that it doesn’t hit me). Yet I’m not sure if I would’ve rediscovered writing had I not had the first year experiences at/around Wellesley that I did & I have some great friends. I just feel pulled, on one hand there’s writing, what I want to do and on the other there’s the path I feel I’m being pushed toward. Sucks to suck because people are about to get a rude awakening…ain’t no body got time to not follow their dreams.
5. I just started this amazing new journey/adventure with blogger & writer Raven Ashley. It’s called Operation Diversity and you should read more about it & learn how you can join in on the fun 😉
6. I’m now interning at Spencer Hill Contemporary (the contemporary imprint of Spencer Hill Press) under Cindy Thomas. I LOVE it. I’m interning in publicity so I’m getting to learn a lot about the little things that go into making a book’s launch, author’s career a success. It’s wonderful & Cindy is such a great mentor. SHP and it’s imprints are a great community so writers, bloggers, whatever you should keep an eye out…it’s worth your time (I don’t think there’s been a book I’ve read from them I haven’t liked…this includes before I got the internship.
7. I’m becoming obsessed with Lana Del Rey. Which is hilarious since I have called her (in the past) several insults, etc…I’ve always considered her to be a propped up princess who basically bought her fame. Though this might be somewhat true, I can’t lie…there’s something about that lazy voice of hers that draws you in.
Here are my nominations (yes it’s only 7 not fourteen but hey…):
- The Writers Republic
- The Loony Teen Writer
- Geeky Book Snob
- Andrea R. Black
- Impressions of a Princess
- Kip Wilson Rechea
If You Were Nominated:
1. Display the logo on a post.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link to his/her site.
3. State seven (7) things about you.
4. Nominate fourteen (14) bloggers and inform them via comment in their blog. (Don’t stress about the number, quality > quantity (unless it’s the first draft of a MS, I suppose)