Happy Monday Readers,
Hope your summer is going swell! First I just wanted to apologize in the lateness of The Weekly Fashionista, I’ve been a very busy writing/editing my book, but enough excuses. This is going to be a two-post spanning, double whammy post. The first part will fous on sunglasses for men and for women and the second part will focus on sandals, so without further ado I give you:
Sunglasses & Sandals (S^2) (Part 1): Sunglasses
“With my sunglasses on, I’m Jack Nicholson. Without them, I’m fat and 60.”
And to highlight some of these trends is one of my favorite celebrity couples: Posh & Becks
Sunglasses we all love them (well at least most people do), and I know personally I start my sunglass shopping early. Find the right pair of sunglasses for the summer is crucial. After looking for a couple months I found the perfect pair of sunglasses and guess what just happened…I lost them 🙁 Now I’m on “The Hunt”, again. I’m from Texas and while I have never hunted, I do understand the concept even if I don’t approve of killing for sport. So, politics aside, here’s how to being “The Hunt”.
- You need a budget – Sunglasses can range from a $5 pair at Forever 21 or Claire’s to a $4,084,967 pair of House Chopard sunglasses…why the most expensive sunglasses are never the best looking idk…Point being, know what you’re willing to pay.
- You need to know what looks good (on YOU)– I don’t care who you are…DO NOT wear sunglasses that don’t fit your face. Oh, so everyone’s wearing aviators but they make you look horrible (they work for most but not all)…find another style for all you know you might start a new trend. Here’s a little something to get you started, Thank you Oprah 🙂
- Don’t follow the trends – this is a spinoff of the last one but important on its own, trends have a short lifespan and everything comes back into style again (seriously why do you think so many of those 80s babies (not literally babies) kept their neons…). Wear what you want, if you wear a pair of oversized sunglasses just because you want to look like Paris Hilton (idk why) don’t start crying when you realize how ridiculous you look (some people look great in those, though).
- Know when the sales are occurring and when not to shop – It really doesn’t matter how much money you have, in these times everyone needs to shop wisely. Get a newspaper or sign up for updates from your favorite stores to know when sales are occurring. And DO NOT go shopping for sunglasses during back to school season or christmas, unless your favorite designer is having 50% off their sunglasses don’t risk your life…to quote from my favorite movie…They’re “just plastic” (not always).
- Don’t be too cheap – Buy those $5 sunglasses from Claire’s or Forever 21 if you want to, just know they might break…and if you have the kind of luck I do with things like that…don’t do it. I’ve spent enough money on $5 sunglasses for all of us. (That being said I understand that sometimes the price is irresistible, just remember it adds up.)
Now that I have thoroughly lectured you…here are my top picks, enjoy!
- AX Armani Exchange Metal Aviator Sunglasses -$65
- Ray-Ban ‘Bubble Wrap Aviator’ 63mm Sunglasses – $130
- Ray-Ban ‘New Wayfarer’ 55mm Sunglasses – $125
- Ray-Ban Clubmaster – $144.95
- ASOS Clubmaster Sunglasses – $17.03 (regular price but as of today 8/20/2012 they were on sale for $5.11)
- Fossil Nick Polarized Round – $70
- Fossil Taylor Large Polarized Aviator – $60
- Mosley Tribe Lyndel Sunglasses (Beckham is wearing these & yes, they’re my favorite) -$180
- Madwell Sunny Day Tortoise Shades – $49.50
- Small Metal Aviator Sunglasses -$20
- Silver City Aviator -$160
- Love at first Sight Sunglasses – $9.97
- Kate Spade New York Metal Aviator (These are my afvorites…they’re cute, classy, & girly) – $128
- DKNY – DY4080 – $89.95
- Ray-Ban Jackie Ohh II – $150
- Mango Carey Effect – $29.99
**The pair Victoria Beckham is wearing is from her collection it is DVB #3. The retail price is $300 dollars. I cannot find them anywhere however if you’re interested happy hunting**
Make sure to check back next week for Part 2: Sandals